GROCERY LIST AND PREP TIPS ©2013
South of the Border Dinner (1 OF 3)
Chicken Mole, Soffritto Rice & Tortilla Soup
• 2 lb. chicken pieces, preferably with skin (or two 15 oz. cans black beans)
• 2 tbsp. tomato paste
• 1 cup rice
• 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
• Canola or vegetable oil
• Tortilla chips
• 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
• 1-2 tbsp. brown sugar
• 1 white onion
• Salt and pepper
• Leftover sesame seeds from December or sliced almonds (optional)
MEAL PREP STRATEGY AND TIPS
1. Prepare soup according to pkg. directions using salsa (leaving out chicken… unless you crave more).
2. Sear chicken.
3. Make mole base. Add chicken and simmer.
4. Sauté soffritto and prepare rice.
5. Serve soup and then chicken over rice.
6. Whip up hot chocolate for dessert!
• Estimated prep and cook time: 60-70 minutes.
• Meal can be divided in half to serve 2 instead of 4.
• Tbsp. = tablespoon
• Tsp. = teaspoon
Want to see this list on your smart phone? Go to our site and select Recipes & More