Yakitori Chicken ©2012
• 1/2 tbsp. minced ginger
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 cup Bluegrass Soy Sauce
• 3/4 cup Yamato Yuzu Ponzu, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1/2 cup chopped red onion
• 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs or very firm tofu, in bite-sized pieces
• 6 green onions sliced into 1-inch pieces; reserving the green tops for a garnish
• 1 tsp. of shichimi togarashi or more to taste
• 1 tbsp. canola oil
1. Combine ginger, garlic, sauce, 1/4 cup ponzu, pepper, and onion in large bowl.
2. Add the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
4. Thread the chicken and green onions onto skewers (soak non-metal ones in water for at least 20 minutes as the chicken marinates).
5. Transfer the marinade to a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil for 5 mins.
6. Line a baking sheet with foil or light a grill. Brush the grill or foil with canola oil.
7. Cook the skewers on the foil under a low broiler for 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning once and basting with the boiled marinade.
8. Remove the skewers from the oven/grill and sprinkle with the green onion garnish.
9. Serve with togarashi seasoning on side and remaining 1/2-cup ponzu for dipping.