South of the Border Dinner ©2013
Soffritto Rice (3 OF 3) SERVES 4
• 1 tsp. canola or vegetable oil
• 4 tsp. of Nonna Iole Soffritto (or 2 tsp. if you prefer less spice)
• 1 cup white rice
• Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the soffritto and sauté for 3 minutes.
2. Add rice and toast for 1 minute, stirring, with a large pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Add 2 cups water, cover and simmer for 20 minutes on low heat or until all the water has been absorbed and small divots appear in the rice.
4. Turn off heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff with a fork and serve with Chicken Mole.